Aesthetics Lab COVID-19 Response
At Aesthetics Lab, we always pride ourselves on cleanliness and very high levels of hygiene. You can rest assured you are in the near sterile environment from the moment you step foot into our clinic. For our re-opening in July 2020 we have made several changes to the clinic procedures to enhance our infection prevention and control measures to be COVID-19 secure. Our COVID-19 risk assessment is available for you to read below.
Covid-19 risk assessment in PDF
At a glance COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
- ✔ We have undertaken a thorough review of our clinic and the services we offer.
- ✔ We have rearranged our waiting, reception and treatment areas to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- ✔ All surfaces throughout the clinic are cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate cleaning product between each treatment and client.
- ✔ All items of equipment are cleaned before and after every treatment.
- ✔ One-use disposable items are used wherever possible (sustainable alternatives kept where possible).
- ✔ We ensure adequate ventilation throughout the clinic with doors and windows open where possible.
YOUR ARRIVAL & RECEPTION
- ✔ We will greet you warmly but without a handshake or personal contact.
- ✔ We will check your temperature on arrival and provide items of PPE.
- ✔ We stagger client arrival times to minimise close contact.
- ✔ We clean the reception area regularly.
- ✔ Where possible we escort you straight to the treatment room to avoid congestion in the waiting area.
- ✔ Waiting area is arranged to adhere to social distancing.
WE ASK YOU, OUR CLIENTS
- ✔ To arrive at the time of your appointment, to maximise social distancing. If you are early we may ask you to wait outside or in your car and will give you a call when it is safe to come into the clinic. If you are late we may have to shorten your appointment time.
- ✔ To use hand sanitiser as directed by our team and before and after each treatment.
- ✔ To wear face-masks that we provide.
- ✔ To fill out the COVID-19 screening questionnaire that you will receive 72 hours before your appointment with the appointment reminder and send back to us.
- ✔ To contact us and re-arrange your appointment, if you have a temperature, or are feeling unwell or if any person in your household has the same or is self-isolating.
- ✘ Do not come to the clinic if you or anyone you live with is self-isolating, quarantining or is displaying symptoms known to be consistent with COVID-19.
- ✔ We have conducted additional training to ensure all team members continue to care for our clients in a safe, hygienic and professional manner.
- ✔ Staff have been trained to adapt each treatment to uphold best practice, including hygiene and safety
- ✔ We have agreed social distancing for our team in communal staff areas.
- ✔ Staff are briefed to uphold safe standards while dealing with responsibilities at reception.
- ✔All members of our Team will be wearing appropriate levels of personal protective equipment PPE at all time.
- ✔ Our Aestheticians and Doctors wear gloves, masks and other PPE during treatments.
- ✔ Our Aestheticians and Doctors wash their hands before and after every treatment.
- ✔ PPE is replaced after every treatment.
- ✔Our Aestheticians and Doctors will stay with you throughout your treatment wherever possible to reduce the need to replace PPE and minimise infection.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION WHEN BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Information on this page is important and will enable us to keep you and our Team safe.
Before your appointment
We will not be able to provide a face to face appointment for you if:
- You have confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or
- You have or have had in the last 7 days symptoms of cold or flu like symptoms.
- You live with or have been in contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 afflicted people or have symptoms of the illness (new cough, fever or loss of smell/taste).
- You have travelled to a country which require self-isolation in the last 14 days. (Please full list here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors).
Booking an appointment
We have introduced an easy way of making bookings for your appointments online on our website. You can also continue making your appointments via phone with our Front of House Team.
Your booking confirmation email will include important information on all our safety measures, what to expect when you come into the clinic and what you can do to help. Please read it carefully.
You will receive a COVID-19 screening form 72 hours prior to your appointment along with your appointment reminder. This is to ensure you do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19. It is vital that you fill it in, failure to do so may result in your appointment being cancelled. If you do develop any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we will rearrange your appointment in 2 weeks’ time or provide an online consultation if suitable.
- Our Aestheticians, Doctors, FOH team and Management Team will be wearing appropriate levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): masks, visors, disposable apron and gloves.
- Our Team will wear a face covering if they need to use public transport to come to the clinic.
- Clinic uniform will be laundered daily and will only be worn inside the clinic.
- Please arrive on timefor your appointment; If you arrive too early, you may have to wait outside the clinic.
- Treatment sessions will be spaced out with staggered times to avoid contact with other patients and to allow cleaning/disinfecting.
- If you are accompanied, your companion will be asked to wait outside the clinic, except for minors.
Your arrival to the clinic
- You will be provided with a mask upon your arrival at the clinic.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on your arrival.
- Our FOH Team member will check your temperature upon your arrival.
- Keep your phone in your bag or coat.
- Arrive with as few belongings as possible.
- If possible, use your own toilet before attending the clinic.
- Your Doctor or Aesthetician will take you to your treatment room as soon as you arrive.
- Respect the 2 metres distance between other clients.
- You will be asked to put your coat/clothes on the chair provided.
- You can expect the same high level of comfort, attention to detail and treatment as before provided in the safest possible way.
- Rest assured all towels are changed after every clients and surfaces cleaned and disinfected.
- You will be asked to keep your face mask on for all body treatments.
After your appointment
- We encourage you to make follow up appointments online or by phone after departing the clinic.
- We can arrange for all your skincare to be delivered to your home should you need to replenish or purchase new products.
Continued high standards of hygiene at the clinic
- The entire clinic is deep cleaned daily.
- Doctors and Aestheticians clean and disinfect all machines and surfaces and in-between use.
- All towels are changed and washed after each client.
- Doctors and Aestheticians weara face mask, single-use apron and gloves. Frequent handwashing is a routine procedure at our clinic.
- The clinic toilet will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Ventilations of the rooms is increased.
We apologise for not being able to provide you with the usual refreshments during your stay.
We Thank You for your continuous support and understanding and for bearing with us while we battle these challenging times together.
We are so glad to have you back!
Kristina, Marsha, Tania and the Alab Team.